Friday, September 23, 2011

Motherhood equals tired

Everyone knows that when you have a baby, you can expect to lose a lot of sleep. That whole sleep when the baby sleeps thing is only good for your first child. But here's the thing no one really tells you, your probably never going to sleep much from then on. From the first cries of your precious bundle until your last child gets married. Well at least I hope that by the time Juju is married he'll be out of my bed.
After babyhood comes toddlerhood. At that time you may be able to catch up from the last 14 months of sleep deprivation but your probably going to want to catch up on all those things that are impossible to do with a busy toddler reeking havoc all day. Like... Shower. Or you might want to just bask in the silence.
Around 2-3 kids ditch the nap and you ditch any hope of a quiet minute to yourself. But darn it your little genius is just learning so much and truth be told you just know he's smarter than any other kid his age is or ever was. So, you let the no nap thing slide.
By the time your kids start school you know you'll be up early every day getting them out on time for the bus. Then there's field trips, after school activities, forgetting about projects until the last minute, missing the bus and having to drive them to school... Maybe that's just my kids, lol. Even my oldest who is in high school needs rides here and there early and late. I vaguely remember what it's like not to be tired. And time for myself? This is it. This is my only "me time" and sometime it takes many many fleeting moments to complete a post like this. I'd rather be napping (just kidding).
I just want to know, will I ever get to rest? I'm guessing I'll sleep off the first three months of my retirement.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment