Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm lost without my phone!

  My poor poor iphone. The charging dock is completely obliterated. I am not exaggerating, every one of the little pins that once stood in a straight line through the middle of my charging port are smashed, bent, flattened and pulverized. That's what I get for letting the little boys play with it.
  I want to cry. I have no way to charge my phone. So, I am phoneless for however long it takes to order parts and for my husband to watch a youtube video so he can learn to fix it. It doesn't look too complicated but certainly tedious and delicate. I found parts and tools online and I have ordered them. So, I am hoping I will be only a week without a phone. I feel disconnected (pun intended) from the world. I also do not currently have a house phone, so internet is my only means of connecting with my husband and those I babysit for. A pain in the behind for sure. A whole week without the world at my fingertips. If I wasn't feeling so ill I would go take a walk and forget about my grief.
  Once upon a time, I didn't even have a cellphone. I actually lived without one. I didn't "need" one. But now, I am spoiled. Maybe this is a good thing. I have become to dependent on my phone. Many many others do not have a phone, and they are fine. I will survive. There's no real reason I should be feeling distraught. It will make for a boring break at work for sure. I look forward to a brief escape from my work day. But really that's the worst of it. Plus, no texting. None of this is a big deal. It's silly really. I just have to get over it. I don't "need" my phone at all. I still miss it.
  Phones nowadays make things too easy for us. I miss my apps. I can just click into anything I need to do with an app. I track my babysitting hours and who has paid, needs to pay and what they owe in my notes app. It's hard to keep it all straight in your head. I use the craigslist app to sell my things and I can review everything I listed. I have a billion photos of my kids on there, since I primarily use the phone camera for pics. Checking email is so much easier on my phone plus I can view multiple boxes at once. I miss my easy ebay app, my games, my calculator, my water intake app. Wow, I'm spoiled. Like I said maybe I need this little reality check.
  Anyone else out there as reliant on their phone as I am? I can't be the only one.... could i ?

No comments:

Post a Comment