Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We have power!

  There is drain work being done in our apartment complex. We can not park by our apartment, there is loud construction noise outside all day but at least the boys are entertained watching all the big trucks. Today however, they knocked out the power. A minor mishap that forced us outside to play. So, it ended up being a good thing. Except that I could not blog or charge my phone.
  We had a nice time drawing wit chalk and running around with the dog. The boy I babysit said "You mean there's no tv?!" I long for the cooler fall weather that we got a preview of for the last two days. Just a quick sneak preview however, as it is back to being a little too warm for me. A you know I'm STILL breastfeeding so I am always way too warm. I used to be the type of girl who was cold in 70 degrees but in the last three and a half years of breastfeeding I'm the type of girl who is hot in 60 degrees. I hate it.
  Finally, they have fixed the issue and our power has returned. I was almost looking forward to not cooking tonight. Maybe I could shut everything off and tell my hubby to order a pizza. Haha. I guess I could just suck it up and cook before I get ready for work. I am glad we didn't have to go without power for too long. We were the lucky few to actually maintain power through Hurricane Irene and the entire week after. Many around us had no power for 7-9 days! Yikes. I'm too spoiled to go that long although, I wouldn't have had a choice. I've made it through worse.
  Have you ever had to go an extended period without power?

No comments:

Post a Comment