Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A lot of Jelly Beans



  LG is holding a contest where you guess how many jelly beans are in their new French door refrigerator. I love those kind of guessing games. I am a pretty darn good estimator. Mostly though, I am good at it in person. If I can physically see the container and the candy or what have you. I have won several candy jar estimation contests in my lifetime. However, even if I was able to physically see the refrigerator it is enormous and there are so so many jelly beans. If you want to see for yourself you can enter on LG's Facebook page HERE But enter quickly because the last day is today, 9/21
  Anyway, I thought I could form my answer with a little math. I thought I was sooo smart. So, the refrigerator is 31 cubic feet. All I had to do was figure out how many jelly beans fit into a cubic foot. Oh yeah, I'm a genius! I am so going to win. That's when I got going on google. I started typing "How many jelly beans are in one cubic foot" however before I even got through the word "one" the phrase popped up as one of the top searches. Coincidence perhaps? Because every average Joe wonders how many jelly beans are in a cubic foot. While not only did I find the answer but without having to do any math or additional searches, there were plenty of results with the answer of how many jelly beans are in 31 cubic feet. Darn! Someone stole my brilliant plan!
  How many jelly beans are in a cubic foot? Well, I can't quite find a straight answer to that one. I think my husband chose a random wiki answer and I used that. For all I know it could be way way off. Especially since the answer he chose was 3456 without explanation. Just four consecutive numbers that are most likely made up. I think the real winner here will be the guy with real determination. The one who went out and bought a cubic foot square box and then, filled that box with an obscene amount of jelly beans. That's probably the best, smartest and most time consuming way. I am certainly not up for that. Oh well, turns out I'm not going to win after all.
 What on earth is LG going to do with all those jelly beans after this contest? And who is going to count those all? Can I have a couple hundred jelly beans as my consolation prize? And darn it, how many jelly beans are in a one cubic foot box?!?!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment