Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Being a Mommi

Being a mother, is something anyone can do
but, being a Mommi is making a commitment to no longer coming first.
A feeling unmatched and unable to be explained to those not blessed as I.
Being a Mommi is a calling, it is an occupation, it is a gift
Fear has never griped so hard and love has never grasped so tight.
My heart has been awakened
My life no longer belongs to me
I am reborn and transformed.
Being a Mommi is hard work,
and it is sometimes painful
It is never easy and always worth it
Being a Mommi changes who you are
It makes you stronger
and it makes you more scared than you have ever been
Being a Mommi opens your eyes, censors you and sets you free.
Motherhood is deep and profound.
Being a Mommi is multi tasking
It is Health care, it is teaching, it is learning
It is feeling.
Being a Mommi is compassion, it is selflessness
It is faith.
My life Forever changed, not for my own regard.
Being a Mommi is perfect, without coming close to perfection
Being a Mommi is me
And I am grateful for those who call me so
I am Mommi

1 comment:

  1. Happened to stumble across your blog thru STL Mommy's giveaways. Looks like we have kids about the same age.

    I really like what you have written above.

    Visit me anytime at my blog
    http://thefrugalkennedys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete